Apologies for
a much delayed post on the continuing West Coast Trail adventures. Some knee surgery with complications made it
rough to even get to my computer for a while, but thankfully I’m doing much
better now and am well on my way to playing ultimate again next year (fingers
crossed!).
Back to the
trail, the rain continued on and off, and we tackled even taller ladders, a
long suspension bridge (I thought that was fun) and a chilly river
crossing. We managed to ride out one
particularly nasty horizontal rain spell with burgers and hot cocoa at Chez
Monique’s, a welcome food haven on day 4.
Lots of
beautiful scenery.
Dev and Jason
not impressed by the size of their supposed 2-man tent.
My “it’s not
raining!” smile.
We all settled
down for a stormy night and I was just about to turn my headlamp off for the
night when I noticed my hiking shoes in my tent vestibule were floating. Apparently the storm sustained 50 mm of rain
/ hour for a short while which was enough to flood the nearby river and our
campsite. We frantically moved to higher
ground in the middle of the night and thankfully managed to avoid completely
soaking our down sleeping bags. That night we played the game of “how much money
would you be willing to pay right now to be magically transported to a warm, dry room with a
bed?”.
Here I am standing where our tent was the night before. By morning the river had already retreated back to its normal banks.












No comments:
Post a Comment