I was feeling a little aimless and homesick after the excitement of Europeans championships, but fellow Calgarians Toby and Bridget (living in Karlsruhe for a year) came to visit which made it a great birthday weekend. They brought a beautiful huge bouquet of flowers and they took me out for dinner as well! Thanks for your generosity guys !
Bridget and I with their generous birthday presents.

Toby and Bridget soaking up the biergarten atmosphere….and the jumbo-pretzels.

Looking good in the traditional Bavarian “Tracht”.

The highlight of the weekend was taking a “roof tour” of the Munich 1972 Olympic Stadium. It boasts the largest tent-roof (my direct English translation…) in the world. We went at sunset and had great views of Munich.
Toby and I are geared up and good to go.



This is the only thing keeping me from falling off.

Moonrise over Olympiastadion.
Bird’s-eye view of the stadium with the 4-cylinder BMW building in the background.