Thursday, June 14, 2012

Easter, Vancouver Island



Well, it looks like I might have time for a few extra blog entries in the coming weeks/months…At Flowerbowl a week and a half ago (Vancouver ultimate tournament) I managed to injure my knee pretty badly.  It’s still not clear what exactly is damaged (possibly a torn meniscus, knee capsule and/or a partial knee cap dislocation, but mostly likely a partially torn ACL), but only an MRI can really clear that up and we all know how impossible those are to get in the Canadian health care system.   So, while I wait for things to get better or to stay the same I’ll fill you in on some recent trips.

Over Easter we had a family get-together on Vancouver Island to paint my Mom’s basement.  I had never done any substantial painting before this and learned that I’m not particularly good at it (cutting or rolling) but thankfully it’s just the basement which hopefully will be poorly lit most of the time anyway.   We took frequent beer breaks which was fun but probably didn’t contribute to a quality painting product… J    We also subjected Rod to the Sharma’s terribly mainstream taste in the music for several days straight.  Hopefully there was no permanent ear/soul damage.     Too bad the weather so was so nice, including some gorgeous sunsets from the backyard (see title pic).

Dev tapin’ it up to save the poor door frame from my erratic paint strokes.

Sweet hat don’t you think?

Supervising the guys

Group shot of the painting crew (unfair that some people had a chance to shower already [Kiran!] and some of us didn’t…)


 A walk down to Maple Bay for a change in scenery and a break from paint fumes.


At the end of the weekend we took a short break to visit Roberts Memorial Park near Cedar.  Absolutely lovely views




No comments: