Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas!

I just wanted to wish everyone a belated merry Christmas and best wishes for 2011! 2010 has been an exciting year finishing my PhD and moving back to Canada, and as many of you already know, I’m moving to Vancouver to start a new job in January 2011. I am excited and just a little scared about starting a new life on the West Coast, but I think I’ll fit in fine with the lululemon-wearing, coffee-guzzling, ultimate-playing Vancouverites, not to mention enjoying the milder winters.

I managed to find a beautiful one-bedroom apartment only 10 minutes by foot to the beach, which I’m sure won’t look so desolate in the spring and summer. There are lots of great running trails with superb views of the downtown skyline! If you are ever passing through, please let me know.

While I was there apartment-hunting, I also enjoyed the views of the sea planes landing near Canada Place and the sea wall walk to Stanley Park, surrounded by sparkling skyscrapers.

Happy holidays everyone and hope to see you in 2011!