
Yikes, über belated on this one. Somehow I also didn’t get my act together to get a family photo and so this cozy log fire will have to do for the opening tagline photo. Actually there are a lot of things I didn’t take photos of since I was having so much fun playing board games (Power Grid and Puerto Rico) with the siblings and their significant others, and eating at friends’ houses for lunch and dinner (thanks Becky&Mike, Jeff&Lindsay and Toby&Bridget!). Calgary welcomed me back with pretty much -20 degree and below weather the entire time (I hear the Chinook came the day after I left), but that was a good excuse to stay in and eat more Christmas goodies.
First up are a few shots from a visit with Jeff and Lindsay. I think I’m in love with their cat, although I’m not sure she’s quite so enamored with me.


It must have been 3 years or so since I met up with Engineering buddies May, Rennel and Charles. We went to Spolumbo’s in Inglewood for lunch for tasty deli sandwiches. I was impressed by the news that May and Rennel now have a dog. A golden doodle to be precise. I’d never heard of it, but apparently the Obama family want one too. Half-golden retriever and half-poodle. But where does ‘d’ in doodle come from? Why isn’t it called a golden-roodle? I understand poo-retriever might be off-putting…. Oh, and despite the promise from the breeder apparently they shed. A lot.


In my last few days I took a trip to some natural hotsprings in Radium and Fairmont on the other side of the Rockies where it was a bit warmer. Saw some nice wildlife along the way and got to enjoy a moon rise over Fairmont.




If it had been warmer I could have put my feet in the hotspring creek right here below my feet.
