This post is a collection of pictures mostly from visitors passing through Munich this fall. In no particular order:
Back in Munich after a visit to Karlsruhe I’m making tiramisu for Heather and I for dessert. Prospective house guests take note: tiramisu is a standard bonus item to make up for the lumpy futon!

Funny German Porta-potties (this shot courtesy of Heather)

Jeff looking excited to dig into his Schweinhaxe (“pig’s knuckles”). I find it kind of intimidating having the knife come already wedged in the meat.

Schnapps are supposed to be good for digestion after a heavy German meal

Unfortunately for Jeff it was pretty foggy during his entire visit....

After seeing some additional foggy parks and churches we decided to check out BMW Welt, the new BMW showroom in Munich with a funky cyclonic design. Note: the following two pictures were downloaded from the Internet; it did not clear up that day.

This one is from Jeff. For an extra fee of ~1000 euros you can pick up your car here. The cars are delivered by elevator and are parked on rotating platforms – just like in the ads.
OK, this isn't from a visitor but I just had to include a picture of a beautiful hike I did in October in the Alps near Berechtsgaden. Already lots of snow. You know it’s a little late in the hiking season when 5 skiers pass you coming down…
Jeff and I took a short jaunt to Innsbruck in November. Unfortunately most things were closed for post-summer, pre-Christmas clean-up/renovation, but we managed to hike up to the last open “Alm”. Alm technically means meadow in German, but in Austria pretty much means place-on-a-mountain-where-one-can-still-get-beer. Jeff and I enjoyed hot cocoa and a riesen schnitzel (giant schnitzel). In the German spirit of precision (or rather the German-speaking-culture, since we were actually in Austria) they like to inform you EXACTLY at which elevation you are at all times.
